Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cupcake paradise at "Sweet Envy", Hobart!

Last week I had a joyful experience at the new patisserie Sweet Envy in North Hobart, Tasmania. Owned and run by ex Gordan Ramsay patissier Alistair Wise and his partner. I had a berry tart (it was very hard too choose, there were so many beautiful sweets) and a hot chocolate at a vintage painted table whilst admiring all of the beautiful cakes and pastries surrounding me. The interior is wonderfully decorated - in one window there are painted stepladders and mini-birdcages housing cupcakes (below)...so sweet! As far as I am aware, it is Alistair's partner who is responsible for the cake decorating. She does the most amazing wedding cakes I have ever seen. Perfectly presented cupcakes and from $3.50, they are hard to resist!

4 comments:

  1. O my bring some over here.....please !!! ...i love what is see now.......happy day.....amazing post !! love Ria.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would send some if I could, you will just have to believe me that everything was YUM! (sorry...) Thanks, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you even decide on which one to get? It's like you have to buy at least 5! Haha! They look almost too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, have yet to visit but have been hearing wonderful things about it - your photos look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete