Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Monday, August 6, 2012

English cottages with so much pride!


In the Cotswolds of England I am always out pointing beautiful stone cottages, some with slate roofs others with traditional thatching.  I am in constant awe of how adorable they are.  This home, above is a bit larger than a cottage, it is actually in the town square of Stow-on-the-Wold, a shopping village in the heart of the Cotswolds.  I love the buxus topiary in the urns out the front, and the bunting in celebration of the Jubilee.  You can just tell the owners are house proud, can't you?

It makes me wish for a little more time at home fixing up all those little areas of neglect...

4 comments:

  1. I'm always admiring the beautiful English homes on the tv show, Escape to the Country, but the English are always so funny about bathrroms being on the ground floor! I just son't see the problem :) The homes are very beautiful though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww i like that house...it is beautiful !!!...enjoy the week darling...love from me...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really very beautiful. I wish I could make a stay here. Thanks for posting.



    Tamborine mountain accommodation

    ReplyDelete