Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Garden goodies, champagne boxes and Swedish clocks

It was a huge day at the international antiques trade fair that I attended yesterday. I am still getting over it! I started out buying a fantastic Swedish longcase clock with the most beautiful subdued grey painted finish c.1830 (I am very annoyed that we wrapped it and put into the van before I had a chance to take a snap!) along with a Swedish console or centre table with a drawer. Very chic. Next, I came across a fantastic French garden table and chair set with some of the original green paint. It is marked with the famous Arras foundry mark. And luckily I acted promptly, as an American dealer was trying to buy it at the same time and was very disappointed they missed out. Another of my favourite finds was the French champagne box (above). It would make a very satisfying container for logs or the like. We were also able to stock up on French baskets, cheese boards and garden objects. I loved the carousel horse (top photo) that was on a stall, but it sold very early in the day. I also admired the mirror made from an iron window (second photo) but it was too expensive.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame the mirror was too expensive it is lovely. I am dissapointed you don't have a picture of the clock I love swedish longcase clocks.
    Lynette :)

    ReplyDelete