Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the humble candlestick

(Image via min lilla veranda www.minlillaveranda.blogspot.com)
(Image via house of atmosphere www.houseofatmosphere.blogspot.com)
(Image via French Larkspur www.frenchlarkspur.blogspot.com)
(Images via min lilla veranda www.minlillaveranda.blogspot.com)
I was very taken with these images from some a blog I found recently www.minlillaveranda.blogspot.com (which means my little veranda). I love the grouping of various candlesticks, as well as the soft warmth of the metal and pewter.

(Image source unknown)

Here is a collection of shinier candlesticks. I am not sure whether they are silver or brass or both, but don't they look really good together?
This is a pair of Italian silvered candlesticks that we have in the store. They are actually carved wood and date to the 18th century. I would love to have them in my bathroom (if it is ever finished!) on a table beside the bath. How lovely would that be?

3 comments:

  1. I love the pair of silver candlesticks too...beautiful. Thanks for stopping by our blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wowwwww..what a lot of beautiful candle sticks i see here today...love it all !!!...............have a lovely day darling.......love Ria...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous post. I love candles and candlesticks too.

    I would love love those Italian candlesticks too. How special are they?! What a fabulous find. Your idea of them being in a beautiful bathroom is perfect. I am now dreaming of sinking into a claw foot bath filled with hotwater and bubbles, some relaxing oils in an oil burner creating a lovely aroma and those gorgeous candlesticks generating a soft warm glow. Sigh.

    Hope you are having a lovely week xox

    ReplyDelete