Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Wednesday, June 19, 2013

only in England! crazy antique action witnessed by myself


Wonderful vintage Jaguar car with a sun roof, perfect for fitting in that antique chair bought at a clearance sale...

Yes, I really do see it all over here.  In fact, we ourselves become quite desperate in transporting goods.  Despite having a large van on the road, sometimes we are so full of goodies that a piece or two ends up in the front cabin.  Yesterday we travelled more than 300 miles with a bottle on my lap and a clock between my feet.  Now, that is true love for antiques. 

 
Another example of true love is bringing your pet pooches to help you sell at an antique fair!  These sweet little guys were on a trestle table taking up valuable selling space.  Unless they were for sale? 
 
I have been buying some fantastic pieces for both stores over the last few weeks, next time I will share some of my favourite finds.
 
Until then...


4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...i can;t wait to see what you have bought.....love Ria...xxx !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria,

      I hope you liked the picture of the dogs (I know they are not labradors, but still furry friends, right?).

      Take care, Tammy xx

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh yes please, always love to see what you have bought!

    I thought you were going to say you stumbled across a taping of 'Top Gear' with the Jaguar in your first picture...

    Till next time, take care

    Janine
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine,

      I wish I had stumbled across the "Top Gear" team. I only ever see "Bargain Hunt" film crews, it seems!

      Have a great weekend ahead, Tammy xx

      Delete