Located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, Tasmania



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

our new shop transformation...update


We have been working on the transformation of our new property for the past 2 and a half weeks and I think it is starting to look really great.  Whilst the bones of the shop were already good, particularly the facade and the front room with its timber floors and exposed brick walls, it lacked a little love and attention.  It has sure had it's fair share of this over the last few weeks!  Above is the front of the store, the timber has been given a polish to protect it from further weather damage.  It also gave a better depth of colour. 



The paper covering the windows is for privacy while we work inside.  After all, we are wearing our super daggy painting gear!  We argue who has to go to the hardware store for supplies as we really should not be seen in public in our renovating garb. 



The pictures on the paper have been hand stamped and give a little hint about the type of shop we will be opening.  I am not sure if you can make out the images, if not you will have to keep guessing.  Sorry.  


In the front room (my favourite place to be) the plaster partially covering the brick walls has been totally removed, the industrial light fittings are up and the floor has been given some love, also creating a nice depth of colour.  You can see that it is still drying in the above image. We plan to hand wax it over the next few days for added protection.


This is an image at the back of the store, it looks a bit like a construction site at the moment, but you must believe me when I say how much better it looks now the massive ugly aluminium window is history and now replaced with these timber barn style doors!  Aluminium is of course easier to maintain but I am a timber girl and would prefer to repaint every few years if need be.  



The doors from the exterior, they need a bit of attention but will look great with a fresh coat of paint.  I can't help but imagine them opened up in the warmer months to a nice courtyard out the back.  I am not sure if I will want to go home after a day in this store!



This early 20th century pine window has also replaced yet another big ugly aluminium framed window.  Relief.

We hope to be open by mid December, all going well with the makeover.  I will keep you posted if and when we have a date.  Watch this space.

Thank you everyone for your interest in our new venture, we are so very excited and appreciate all positive comments!

Until next time,




3 comments:

  1. Wowwwww Tammy !!..i love what i see!!!...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its looking great Tammy! Good luck with it all.... I am thinking Antique Papers and stamps....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy,

    Been away from the computer for a few days. Look what you've been up to since I've been away!!

    You have been working so hard and have done so much already. The front of the store looks great. The wood detail really stands out. I for one (not that my opinion matters, am glad you didn't paint it!!). The floors in the shop look stunning and I'm glad you kept the brick walls as they are. The lights look industrial and really suit the space.

    I've looked at your pictures and think you'll have industrial and something to do with printing and stamping....how did I do??? Never mind, I'm never any good with things like this. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

    Take care
    Janine
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete